The Subzero allows the adventurous to push the boundaries of the snowy backcountry. It has incredible potential due to its fast direct handling and amazing power generation in light winds, but also big de-power in strong winds. The Subzero’s enhanced stability makes difficult backcountry rides and mountain climbing more accessible and enjoyable. Combine that with our revolutionary Internal Re-Ride Release System and you have the ultimate backcountry Snowkite.
The is available as a Kite Only option or Kite Complete with the Contact-Snow Control System and Technical Mountain Backpack. We recommend adding the Snowkite Kompressor Bag to either option to keep your kite packed and secured as small as possible.
The Subzero V1 is available in 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m & 13m, in Standard or Ultralight fabrics. Custom colours are also available.
REVOLUTIONARY INTERNAL RE-RIDE RELEASE SYSTEM
The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a release system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another advantage of our Internal Re-Ride Release System is the land and secure option. The Secure Loop can be found in the 5th line approx 2m up from the control bar. To land the kite simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground – it can either be hooked onto a carabineer on your harness or over the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developing and testing the Internal Re-Ride Release System. It has made mountain climbing and packing so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
NOTE: The Internal Re-Ride Release System cannot be upgraded to older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite.
For reverse launch and light wind landing we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
- Designed with OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Internal Re-Ride Release System – The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
- Double pulley Speed System – Using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys to reduce wear and rider fatigue while improve feeling and performance of the kite.
- High quality OzTex 40D – We use durable OzTex 40D material on our standard range of snow kites. This material sets the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics for snow specific kites.
- Fool proof line connectors – Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Dirt out wingtips – The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any snow or debris as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- LE opening battens – Flexible lightweight plastic battens are precisely positioned at each Leading Edge cell opening. The battens enhance structure of the openings, this means quicker and easier inflation.
- Internal diagonals and straps – Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the kites top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed shape and profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- Blow Out Valves – Under surface Blow-out-valves help avoid damage by releasing excess internal air pressure if the kite is crashed into the ground.
- Sheathed Bridle Lines – High quality, low stretch sheathed Dyneema bridle lines for maximum strength and performance. This is the same bridle line we have used on our Snowkite range for the past 10 years.
- Comparable feeling throughout the size range – We work extensively during our R&D process on each and every kite to develop a range of sizes that feel in tune with each other.