Incorporating our new high performance Ultra Light materials not only reduced weight, this also allowed our design team to completely re-work the internal structure and load distribution frame. Advanced internal layouts with new tension and sail shaping technology, combined with an all new bridle line plan reducing total line consumption sets a new norm in high performance foil kite design.
We teamed up with the world’s top kite-racers to maximise our Research & Development programme. Each size R1 V2 has been individually designed, tested and fine-tuned to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across the range. Our new Pro-Tune Speed System offers minute adjustment to keep the kite performing at its best in the correct trim.
The R1 V2 is a true race pedigree kite that will inspire confidence while delivering superior racing performance on the water, land or snow.
- Designed with OZCAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- High Performance Ultra Light Materials – We have packed every ounce of new technology into this kite – without packing the weight on. The R1 V2 saves over 30% in weight compared to the V1! This translates to true performance increases – the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze. The kite is more stable at the edge of the wind window, and has much better drive downwind with a lighter feeling on the bar in general.
- High Cell Count – A high number of cells controls ballooning between the ribs, holding the wing shape and designed surfaces smoother and more accurately. This reduces turbulent airflow, providing more efficiency, speed and de-power for increased overall performance.
- Optimised Leading Edge Air Intakes – Newly designed intake valves are precisely positioned along the Leading Edge; this leads to a stability increase at all angles of attack. The inflation is easy and safe as the kite rapidly inflates.
- LE Profile Reinforcements – The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
- Internal Diagonals and Straps – Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the high aspect ratio, while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- ProTune Speed System – Our new Pro-Tune Speed System offers minute adjustment to keep the kite performing at its best in the correct trim. New line materials reduce wear and tear on the pulley lines, with increased resistance to stretch or shrinkage for a longer life span. The Speed System is a Double-Pulley layout using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys. NOTE: You must watch the How To video before adjusting your Speed System settings.
- High Performance Bridle Lines – High performance Kevlar bridle lines are a key component to the R1 V2’s outstanding performance. Kevlar has unbeaten stretch and shrinkage characteristics keeping your kite at the highest performance trim. These thin lines offer a vast reduction in parasitic drag – put simply the R1 flies faster, accelerates quicker giving higher performance, bigger range and more de-power!
- Water Drainage Channels – An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Waterproof Deflation Zipper – Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
- Comparable Feeling Throughout Size Range – We work extensively during our R&D process on each and every kite to develop a range of sizes that feel in tune with each other.
- Foolproof Line Connectors – Fool proof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Two Storage Bag Options – We have designed two all new storage bags – the Backpack and Closed Cell Kompressor bag. Choose the Backpack for a quick and easy pack down. Choose the Closed Cell Kompressor bag for a secure packing process to maintain the plastic batten profile shape. The Kompressor bag is also lighter with internal compression straps keeping packing size and weight to a minimum. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the differences and how to use each bag.