For the advanced rider it offers a whole new feeling, opening up new ways of riding and pushing the boundaries. It has versatile handling depending on your ability – tight and dynamic or slow lazy loops, both essential for navigating difficult terrain. Riding down slopes with the kite de-powered up high or to the side allows more concentration on riding and less worry about the kite.
For experts on backcountry missions or touring expeditions, the lightweight design means it can fly in very light wind, allowing you to work the low end efficiently without having to worry about keeping the kite in the sky. The single surface design is also ultra compact making it easy to pack multiple kites.
When it’s time to take a break or pack away you will find the Explore easy to land as it incorporates our industry-leading Internal Re-Ride Release System. This effective, easy to use, self-landing system means you can land the kite quickly whenever needed and it will remain in an open position ready to be re-launched.
We believe the opportunities are endless, what are you waiting for, go Explore!
The EXPLORE V1 is available in 4m, 6m, 9m and 12m. Custom colours are also available.
REVOLUTIONARY INTERNAL RE-RIDE RELEASE SYSTEM
The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a release system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another big advantage of our Internal Re-Ride Release System is the land and secure option. We have added the Secure Loop in the line approx 2m away from the rider. To land the kite simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground – it can either be hooked onto a carabiner on your harness or over the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developing and testing the Internal Re-Ride Release System. It has made mountain climbing and packing on top so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
- The Internal Re-Ride Release System cannot be upgraded to older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite.
- For reverse launch and light wind landing we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
- Designed with OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with parameters specifically formulated to calculate unique aspects required in technical Inflatable and Foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Internal Re-Ride Release System – The Internal Re-Ride Release System is the result of two years research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
- Lightweight Double pulley Speed System – Lightweight, low friction pulleys reduce wear while improving bar feel and providing smooth progressive depower.
- High quality OzTex 40D – We use durable OzTex 40D material on our standard range of snow kites. This material sets the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics for snow specific kites.
- L.E. Profile Reinforcements – The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
- Spanwise Bridge Lines – Lines running across the underside of the kite take the place of internal straps and diagonals on double surface kites, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This avoids excessive span-wise tension being transmitted into the canopy and allows its profile and billow to be controlled more precisely.
- Sheathed Bridle Lines – High quality, low stretch sheathed Dyneema bridle lines for maximum strength and performance. This is the same bridle line we have used on our Snowkite range for the past 10 years.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry – We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance
- Fool proof line connectors – Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.