A huge smile factor comes standard on the Catalyst V2 – it is a fun and easy kite to ride that will make your progression in the sport fast, safe and enjoyable. The predictable power and lift makes first jumps a breeze with easy loft, good hang time and smooth landings.
Making life easy the water re-launch is incredibly simple and intuitive due to its unique shape and increased leading edge tube diameter. By simply turning the bar or using the re-launch balls on the leader lines, the kite will easily roll over into the re-launch position ready to take off from the water.
Our time proven Front Line Flag Out release system is simple and effective, it is the same system featured on our entire water kite range. When the Click-in Loop is released the kite will flag out to one front line, immediately stopping all power delivery from the kite.
The Catalyst V2 is the choice for anyone getting into the sport or for riders looking for a fun, confidence inspiring kite with ease of use at it’s heart.
The Catalyst is available in 5m, 6.5m, 8m, 9.5m, 11m and 13.5m and in 3 colour schemes. Custom colours are also available.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction – World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed With OZ-CAD – The FUTURE is NOW – All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron – Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials for marine sports. We use the remarkably durable Teijin D2 canopy material in all our water kites. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics.
We use the incredibly strong and reliable Teijin Dacron in all our water kites. Dacron is used on parts requiring rigidity and stability – the Leading Edge, Struts, Wingtips, and all loaded areas with extra reinforcement for enhanced load distribution and durability.
- Internal reinforcements – What’s on the inside counts too – All Ozone kites are internally reinforced for improved strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams – Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Load Distribution Panels – Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Direct Connect Struts – Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts and Canopy. The Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal reinforcements and external webbing. This unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension
- Reinforced Trailing Edge – Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement – this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads – Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction – Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Anti-Snag line deflectors – The Anti-Snag line deflectors prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wing tip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry – We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
- 4-line Pulley-less System – NO pulleys, NO problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- One-Pump Inflation System – The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the kite. All Struts are connected to the Leading Edge via inflation points – air will flow through the hose to inflate the entire kite. Clips seal the hose connecting the Struts and Leading Edge to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve – A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and pack your kite with ease.
- Back-line trimming options – Customise your handling and bar pressure with the back line bridle attachments. Closer to the Leading Edge for slower turn speed and more bar pressure, or closer to the Trailing Edge for faster turn speed and less bar pressure.
- Anti-Flap Soft Battens – Soft Battens strategically positioned along the Trailing Edge provide canopy support and reduce flutter, enhancing kite feedback to the rider and also reducing canopy material wear.
- Fool proof line connectors – Fool proof, colour coded and numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.